Developing your council plan?
We are industry leaders in helping senior teams with periodic process of strategic thinking and strategic planning. Working with clients to co-create strategies and plans is what we do every day.
Since 2012 we have worked on many projects in the Victorian local government sector, including developing a collaborative approach for business transformation enabled by digital, assisting councils to address the sustainability of home and community care arrangements and understanding how state and local government can work together to manage coastal climate hazards and facilitating stakeholder consultation processes.
Local councils are in the process of developing their new council plans. We can assist your council to develop and document your 2017 council plan by:
- selecting appropriate and compelling strategic frameworks to structure and communicate your plan
- integrating existing feedback from stakeholder consultation sessions, or assist you in running community and staff consultations
- effectively communicating in writing the council’s vision, priorities and proposed outcomes
- understanding councillor’s priorities and appropriately incorporate them into the council plan
With deep experience in local government and an understanding of the challenges effecting the sector we are well placed to offer a responsive and flexible services that meets councils’ needs and timeframes.
Why Strategic Facilitators?
- We believe we are industry leaders in helping senior teams with periodic process of strategic thinking and strategic planning. Working with clients to co-create strategies and plans is what we do every day.
- We believe in using workshops for collaborative problem solving, and for aligning expectations, priorities and action. Our workshops are highly structured, fact-based, intensive and inclusive.
- We are responsive and flexible team members. We pride ourselves on working closely alongside client teams.
- We are world class strategic thinkers. We approach our engagements with innovation in mind and challenge ourselves and our clients to consider alternatives, ask why, and ask why again, and find innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Our consultants are passionate about their local communities and helping them thrive.
Case Study 1: Council plan development
Our team are currently helping a metropolitan Melbourne council develop its 2017 council plan.
Changes in staffing meant that the council did not have the required resources to internally develop its plan. With stakeholder engagement already well progressed, the council officers were looking for consultants who understood the local government sector to help structure their strategic thinking and write the council plan.
Over the next few months, our consultants will:
- run a half day executive team workshop to articulate the objectives for the council plan and agree on the most appropriate strategic framework
- facilitate a session with the councillors on decision-making tools and frameworks to inform discussions on council priorities
- attend community consultation sessions and council meetings to gain a deep understanding of the community, their priorities, challenges and opportunities
- develop a draft structure and storyline for the council plan that effectively communicates the council’s priorities and incorporates themes from the consultation program
- write and iterate the council plan based on feedback ready for presentation to council.